Monday 30 January 2012


(Charity) Shop ‘til you drop


Nathan: Charity Shops. No longer the graveyard of musty, moth-eaten garments and ill-fitting, ungainly gifts. Now, they represent an Aladdin’s cave of vintage potential. But, much like the gold prospector, or the diamond miner - you reap what you sow, and you have to work hard long hours sifting through the XXL polo shirts and not getting tangled up in the novelty ties before you unearth the shiny (although, preferably not) good stuff.
Take, for example, the adventure Nicola and I recently embarked on - the mission: to find the best and most trendy outfit for the least amount of money possible. Definitely under twenty pounds, but preferably even less. There are plenty of charity shops in Winchester, certainly enough to make the competition one with potential for interesting results.

Nicola: I was, of course, the more prepared of the two. Part human, part magpie, I went on a search for all things shiny and beautiful. In my mind there was no possible way I could lose this challenge. I will admit, Nathan has more of a vintage look and flair but when it comes to taking something old and making it look new, I think I know what I’m doing!

So I set out, armed with a belt and a sewing kit to see what I could find.

Nathan:

Nicola: I


No comments:

Post a Comment